Vi søker kajakkguide – 2019
Valldal Naturopplevingar is one of the leading outdoor adventure company in the Sunnmøre region. We are looking for one person in a position as head guide sea kayaking at our base in Valldal. The position is seasonal and will be from May to September 2019.
Head guide sea kayaking
As head guide sea kayaking at Valldal Naturopplevingar, you`ll be in charge for running the daily operation with guided sea kayak tours, courses, rental, and office work. You will work closely together with manager of the company and rest of the guide team.
Your tasks will be:
- Guiding day trips
- Repair and maintenance
- Organizing daily operation
- Follow up guides and develop the sea kayak tours
- Organize guide training
- Develop yourself and the company
You need the following qualification:
- Experience form guiding day tours
- Valid 16-hour first aid course
- Nature and environmental knowledge
- Driving license class B
- Speak fluent Norwegian and English
It`s an advantage if you have:
- Aktivitetsleder hav (NPF)
- Other sea kayak qualification (BCU, ISKGA, ACA)
- Hiking and sport climbing qualification
- Hospitality & tourism education
- Experience from the tourism business
- Speak other language than Norwegian and English.
- Leading personality
- Good interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Enthusiastic, flexible and loyal
- Customer focused and service minded
- Always looking for improvement and high quality
What you can expect
As a head guide with Valldal Naturopplevingar you can expect to work a average of 130-hour pr. month if you are available, shows enthusiasm and flexibility. You can expect to play an important part of our development as a business. As a part of our experienced guide team you will have access to the company’s multiple outfitter deals. The right person who are willing to commit for multiple years, will be awarded with becoming part of our guide training and educational program.
Together with Valldal Aktivitetspark, we offer our guides housing in shared accommodation at a low rate (in 2018 – approx. 1300, – NOK pr. month). All guides have their own room and share bathroom, toilet, kitchen and living room. Cleaning of own and common rooms plus contributions to household expenses is expected.
If you would like to be our new head guide, send a short application and a CV as pdf-files by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org . Diplomas and other papers must be brought if interview.
Work place: Valldal, Møre og Romsdal county, Norway
Work regulation: Seasonal position
Last application date: as soon as possible!
Start date: Mai 2018
For more information:
Erlend K. Ringstad, manager
Phone: +47 900 14 035