We are looking for rafting and canyoning guides – 2020
Valldal Naturopplevingar is one of the leading outdoor adventure company in the Sunnmøre region. We are looking for one person in a position as a rafting/canyoning guide at our base in Valldal. The position is seasonal and will be from middle of May to August/September 2020.
As a rafting/canyoning guide in Valldal Naturopplevingar you`ll be part of an experienced guide team always looking for improvements. Your daily work as a guide will be to guide rafting on a exiting and fun 4-hour rafting trip on the Valldøla river (Grade 3) and guide at our 4-hour canyoning trip in Gudbrandsjuvet.
Your tasks will be:
- Guiding both rafting and canyoning
- Repair and maintenance
- Develop yourself and the company
You need the following qualification:
- Rafting guide course and practical guide experience
- Valid first aid course
- Nature and environmental knowledge
- Driving license class B
- Speak fluent English
It`s an advantage if you have:
- Valid rescue 3 course or similar
- Climbing/via-ferrata qualification
- Sea kayak and hiking qualification
- Hospitality & tourism education
- Experience from the tourism business (other than rafting/canyoning)
- Speak one of the Scandinavian languages fluent.
- Good interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Customer focused and service minded
- Always looking for improvement and high quality
What you can expect
As a guide with Valldal Naturopplevingar you can expect to work an average of 100-hour pr. month if you are available, shows enthusiasm and flexibility. You will be part of our experienced guide team who has access to the company’s multiple outfitter deals. You can expect to take part in our monthly training. For the right person and those who are willing to commit for multiple years, will be awarded with becoming part of our guide training and educational program.
Together with Valldal Aktivitetspark we will offer our guides housing in shared accommodation at a low rate (in 2019 – approx. 1300, – NOK pr. month). All guides have their own room and share bathroom, toilet, kitchen and living room. Cleaning of own and common rooms plus contributions to household expenses is expected.
If you would like to be part of our guide team, send a short application and a CV as pdf-files by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org . Diplomas and other papers must be brought if interview.
Work place: Valldal, Møre og Romsdal county, Norway
Work regulation: Seasonal position
Last application date: as soon as possible!
Start date: Mai 2020
For more information:
Erlend K. Ringstad, manager
Phone: +47 900 14 035