Experience Norddalsfjord and Tafjord from a sea kayak. Magnificent landscape hidden from cruise traffic and mass tourism.
With Valldal village as your starting point there are numerous short paddles, as well as the opportunity for longer trips. We arrange guided kayak tours, courses, rental and tailored tours
Guided tour on sea kayak
Experience the stunning Tafjord with its magnificent scenery where waterfalls thundering down the fjord side, idyllic mountain farms and not least a fjord that is sheltered from the larger boats and cruise traffic. Tafjord is a UNESCO world heritage fjord, along with Geirangerfjord and Nærøyfjord, but it`s hidden and untouched by mass tourism.
There will be a lot of opportunists take photos, so bring you camera! During the tour our guide will give you local history-, culture- and nature-knowledge, and make sure you can relax and enjoy the tour.
At all our guided kayak tours (except family tour) we serve a delicious lunch consisting of local delicacies, including both hot and cold drinks. We find it important and also giving our guided tours another dimension serving you a food experience.
Fjord paddle – 4 hours
Price 990NOK per person. Group discount available.
Our bestseller! An effective round trip where you experience a lot in a short period of time. We start in Valldal and paddle about 3km at the fjord before crossing over to the other side and having lunch at an old fjord farm. Here we enjoy the view and a delicious lunch before heading back to Valldal.
- A round trip that starts and ends up in Valldal
- A total of 8km (5 miles)
- This is a perfect tour for both beginners and experts.
- Lunch included
Family tour – 3 hours
Family deal (2+2) 2000NOK, or 750/550NOK per person.
This is the perfect tour for families who wants to explore the fjords from a sea kayak. We will adapt each tour to the families needs and desires, and there will of course be time to play and have fun.
- Children between 5 and 10 years old must be in double kayaks together with one adult.
- Tour with start / stop in Valldal
- Lunch is not included.
UNESCO Fjord Explorer – 7-8 hours
Price 1490NOK per person. Group discount available.
The ultimate fjord experience! A longer tour from Valldal to Tafjord, where we explore the unknown UNESXO fjord Tafjord. Waterfalls, beautiful mountains, wildlife and local histories is some of what we offer. During the tour we have one or more breaks along the way.
- A total of 14km (9 miles) where we usually spend 4-5 hours on the paddle itself.
- Good physical shape. Previous experience with kayaking is an advantage.
- Transport back from Tafjord is included.
- Lunch included.
Kayak and Hike – 5-6 hours
Price 1290NOK per person. Group discount available.
Combined kayak and hiking trip. We paddle from Valldal along Syltefjellet and cross the fjord as we go ashore. From here you can walk up to 450 vertical meters to Vikasætra which is an ancient site with long history and stunning views over the fjord and Valldal.
- 40% of time used in kayak, 60% by foot
- Hike in steep terrain on a nice path
- You need to be in good physical shape. Remember good hiking shoes.
- Lunsj included
Sea kayak rental
We have kayaks for rent, both single and double. Rent includes sprayskirt, paddles and west.
Meeting time for rental: 10.00.
Latest time for delivery: 17.00
- Everyone who rents kayaks with us must be experienced kayakers with certified rescue skills (NPF, BCU, ACA or other recognized Kayaking Association).
- Kayak rental include a basic safety introduction on land.
- At least two persons must padle together
- Full day rental only